Current obsession: Chapon Canelés!
Bonbon beauties, these chocolate-covered nougat shells with a melt-in-your-mouth filling are inspired by the classic, small French pastry from Bordeaux. Pastry chef turned chocolate maker, Patrice Chapon masterfully melds the traditional with the unique here, creating exceptionally delicious, award-winning results. They are savor-worthy, giftable and highly recommended for you by your chocolate sommelier! 12 canelés per box.
- International Chocolate Awards French Gold Medalist 2020
- International Chocolate Awards World Bronze Medalist 2018
The lovely little bonbons are made by multi-awarded pâtissier-chocolatier Patrice Chapon, who once supplied ice creams and sorbets to Buckingham Palace. It's no surprise that he was invited to make the Queen's frozen desserts. Patrice's ice cream is voluptuous and silky, infused with ambrosial vanilla and opulent cinnamon.
While in England, he became fascinated with the concept of making his own bean-to-bar chocolate courtesy of the alluring array of chocolates at Harrod's. Patrice now has five chocolate boutiques in France, three of which are in Paris, as well as his own chocolate mousse truck that traverses the streets of the City of Lights.
Chapon's packaging is replete with fanciful whimsy but the chocolate nestled inside is serious (and seriously delicious)! Several times each year, Patrice's journeys take him all over the globe, from the lush forests of Brazil to the Millot or Sambirano plantations in Madagascar. He feels compelled to meet the inspiring cacao farmers, learn about the beans, and source the finest vanilla, pink berry peppers and other spices for his indulgent creations.
Watch this video for more about Patrice Chapon.
I'm drawn to Chapon because the company shares the same ultimate goal as Barometer Chocolate - pure pleasure!
- Ingredients: Cocoa Mass, Hazelnut & Cocoa Cream (Hazelnut 50%), Cane Sugar, Butter, Low-fat Cocoa, Whole Milk Powder, Sunflower Lecithin, Natural Flavoring of Vanilla, Hazelnut Paste, Cocoa Butter, Nougatine [sugar, almond, dextrose, cocoa butter], Guerande Salt, Olive Oil
- Net Weight: 114 g. / 4.02 oz.
- Country of Origin: France